Car seats are a must have when you have a baby. You can not leave the hospital with a baby unless you have one. Do you know when car seats were invented? Car Seats actually started being manufactured in the 1930’s, but the purpose was not for safety merely for boosting the child up so the driver could see them when riding in the car. It wasn’t until the 1960’s that car seats were manufactured with the safety of the child in mind.
In 1962, two different designed car seats appeared. One in the U.S., which was designed by an Aurora, Colorado business owner Lenard Rivikin and the other by Jean Ames of Britain who designed a rear-facing car seat. Lenard Rivkin decided after a minor crash, which sent his 3 year told to the dash-board of his car that canvas sacks hanging over the passenger seat of the car just were no longer safe. He derived his design from a L shaped steel seat that kept the child buckled in. Ames had a little different idea with his design, which was a rear-facing seat that had a Y-shaped strapping system.
Both of these designers helped bring to life to a problem and gave birth to a solution. Now in the U.S. there are laws dealing with child safety restraints in cars. There are over 100 different car seats on the market today. All offering different features to keeping your bundle of joy safe.
Things to keep in mind when shopping for one is the age and weight of your child, the safety of the seat, and which seat best fits your child. The safest seat is not only the seat that fits your child but fits your car. These factors are never considered when researching the purchase of your car seat. Buying used car seats are frowned upon in the retail world. Reasons are all child safety seats have an expiration date, car seats that have been involved in car accidents are unstable and some manufactured car seat have been recalled. Be aware of those things when buying a used car seat. Remember the car seat is what you are relying on to carry your precious cargo in the car make sure it is the right seat for you child and it is properly installed. If you have questions call your nearest retail store or come by to visit their trained specialist.
Leachco is a company founded by Clyde and Jamie Leach. This dynamic couple took a near tragic event involving a faulty high chair restraint and turned it into a mission to bring safety to the minds of all parents. From their first patented idea, the Wiggle Wrap to an inventions like the Snoogle, Prop-O and the Safer Bather. The Leach’s believe in innovated product with safety and convenience in mind. This USA Company has grown over the years to include nearly 100 products.
The Wiggle Wrap the Leach’s first patented product, has involved into several safety harnesses used to keep a child restrained in anything from shopping buggies to chairs. The brainstorm began from putting together dental floss as thread and an old dishtowel. This same simple concept to restrain a child from climbing or wiggling out of a seat shows that safety is in the mind of this company. It is involved in a safety on the go line that includes the Ride N Stride, Booster Belt, Prop and Pockets Seat Wrap and the Wrap Strap.
The Snoogle, another one of the Leach’s popular ideas makes getting comfortable nights sleep when pregnant easier. This product also involved to more product with mom’s comfort at heart. Now several products provide comfort to moms. The Snoogle has been featured on programs such as the CBS Early Show and The Ellen Show. In addition, the Snoogle is backed by celebrities like Hilaria Baldwin, who says it is an essential item and doesn’t leave home without it.
Leachco’s product line is endless. The Leach’s have developed two new product lines in the past few years PreemieSmart, which are products dedicated to the uniqueness of preemies and OrganicSmart, which are products made from 100% Organic Cotton. Keeping the consumers wants and needs in mind; Leachco is taking the world by storm.
The Graco Size4Me Car Seats have been flying off our store shelves and out of the warehouse since we got them in stock at the beginning of this month. So we wanted to share the scoop about the Graco Size4Me Convertible Car Seat.
- The Size4Me Convertible Car Seat supports an infant in the rear-facing position from 4 to 40 pounds and toddlers in the forward-facing position from 20 to 70 pounds.
- Graco Size4Me Car Seat has been tested in rigorous crash test, which the Size4Me Car Seat meets or exceeds the U.S. safety standards.
- The Graco Size4Me was also tested in side impact test. The side-impact test tested for the retention of the child’s harness system.
- The Size4Me includes a Simple Safe Adjust Harness System, which makes it simple to adjust the harness with one hand, instead of re-threading the harness belts.
- This car seat has an exclusive In Right one-second LATCH attachment system.
- Size4Me Convertible Car Seat has EPS energy absorbing foam, which effectively manages the energy of impacts during an accident.
- This car seat has level indicator for clearer installation of the seat.
- The Size4Me has a 5 Point, adjustable harness and 2-buckle position for growing toddlers.
- The Graco Size4Me keeps baby needs in mind with removable head and body support and built-in cup holder to keep baby’s cup at reach.
- Lastly, this convertible car seat is easy to clean with wipe off to wipe off parts and machine washable padding.
These revealing points explain why the Graco Size4Me Convertible Car Seats is becoming one of our stores best-selling car seat with an affordable sale price of $169.99.